CREATIVE SOUL. ADVENTURER. COFFEE LOVER. SHAMELESSLY PASSIONATE.
I wear many hats, but it's my passion for creativity that carries into all aspects of my life; whether I'm planning a party for friends fully decked out in themed decor or generating a new logo and brand identity for a client. I'm a creative soul down to my core. I love branding and typography, and I love creating things that no one else has thought of before. This isn't a job, it's a lifestyle, an obsession. It's a life of fighting against the ugliness to generate eye catching designs.
To sum it all up, I'm passionate. I believe it is extremely important to be dedicated to living your life to the fullest and learning through new experiences along the way. I'm a glass half full kinda gal, always thinking positively, self motived and as organized as they come. I believe that each one of us has a unique gift, and it is with my passion for creativity I like to give back to my community and stay involved. I believe in working hard, doing good and being nice to people.
A pioneering leader and strategic marketing professional with over 12 years of experience in brand and creative development. Innovative thinker that utilizes the relationship between strategy and design to create compelling marketing collateral that drives business goals. Exceptional leader, communicator and problem-solver that understands an organization’s complexities and challenges. Strong abilities in managing multiple stakeholders while orchestrating and collaborating with internal and external cross-functional teams to execute successful marketing campaigns.
MASTERS OF PROFESSIONAL STUDIES IN BRANDING
School of Visual Arts, NYC // July 2015
The first program of its kind offering students a unique opportunity to study with some of the most accomplished branding experts today. Developed an understanding of diverse branding strategies, brand valuation and brand development; as well as investigated marketing challenges faced when creating and sustaining a brand. Important themes in behavioral science and culture were also explored in relation to branding. Recipient of the 2015 'Hope Heart' Award.
BACHELORS OF FINE ART IN GRAPHIC DESIGN, ADVERTISING MINOR
California State University, Fullerton // May 2009
Deans Honor List 2006 to 2009 // Golden Key International Honor Society // 1st Place Best Non-traditional Advertisement 2008 Creative Competition judged by Young & Rubicam // Co-President & Art Director of 2009 American Advertising Federation National Advertising Team
PHOTOGRAPHY & ART HISTORY
Florence University of the Arts, Summer Intensive May to July 2007
INTERIOR DECORATING CERTIFICATE
South Coast Regional Occupational Program // January to May 2004
STREAM REALTY PARTNERS
Regional Marketing & Design Director // November 2017 to April 2019
Graphic Designer // July 2016 to November 2017
• Oversaw the growth and development of the West Coast creative team and worked in direct collaboration with
the Vice President of Marketing and provided strategic recommendations to the Executive Managing Director
and Regional Partners.
• Responsible for managing and developing strategic marketing and communication plans that effectively
elevated the company’s brand presence within the regional marketplace.
• Constructed engaging and effective content for internal and external publications; including press releases,
quarterly market reports, promotional campaigns, corporate presentations and verbal dialogue for video
• Lead 30+ team members, managed the day-to-day design needs of the West Coast offices; as well as worked
closely with marketing leads in other markets to ensure consistent brand representation and to remain
knowledgeable and contribute to Stream projects nationwide.
• Managed the marketing budget, ensuring marketing goals aligned with the company’s strategic goals and
vision for growth.
• Executed on the strategic marketing calendar, as well as proactively looked for opportunities to promote the
Stream brand through partnerships that aligned with the company’s core values.
WD, A WESTERN DIGITAL COMPANY
Sr. Graphic Designer / Art Director Marketing Communications // March 2016 to July 2016
• Lead the creative team during product launches and time-sensitive production schedules.
• Provided guidance and design feedback to junior designers to ensure brand alignment.
• Worked alongside product marketing and brand management, providing strategic input and driving the
creative development of global campaigns.
• Implemented brand guidelines and templates, as well as researched and managed a project management
system that allowed the Corporate Art Services and the Marketing Department to communicate efficiently.
WD, A WESTERN DIGITAL COMPANY
Graphic Designer, Marketing Communications // August 2009 to January 2015
Graphic Design Intern // June 2008 to August 2009
• Develops design concepts for product releases, corporate websites and trade shows while maintaining and
enforcing the consistency of the brand.
• Collaborates with brand managers, product marketing and outside agencies to execute marketing materials
from concept to launch.
• Selects vendors and acts as main point of contact in order to maintain quality.
PACIFIC SIGN CENTER
Graphic Designer & Customer Care // June 2004 to June 2008
• Designed wayfinding and various visual aides for clients throughout Orange County, including the City
of Dana Point, the City of San Clemente and Kinecta Federal Credit Union.
MADALYN MARIE CREATIVE
Principal Visual Strategist & Designer // May 2008 to Present
• Collaborates with high profile clients on branding and creative initiatives. Projects include creative direction,
developing unique marketing collateral that maintains and/or realigns brand message, executive presentations,
and custom special event collateral.
• Select clients include the Pediatric Cancer Research Foundation (PCRF), Toshiba Corporation, the
Irvine Company, Gunn Jerkens Marketing Communications Advertising Agency, and James Event Productions.
PEDIATRIC CANCER RESEARCH FOUNDATION
Branding & Creative Consultant // April 2013 to Present
Creative Lead, 2013 Gala Committee // November 2013
Creative Lead, 2015 Gala Committee // September 2016
2015 HOW INTERNATIONAL DESIGN AWARD, MERIT WINNER
Gala invitation design for Pediatric Cancer Research Foundation
2013 PEDIATRIC CANCER RESEARCH FOUNDATION "DESIGN FOR A REASON"
DESIGN COMPETITION WINNER
Featured on 2013 "Race for the Cure" race shirts worn by over 7,000 participants
2009 CO-PRESIDENT & ART DIRECTOR OF AMERICAN ADVERTISING FEDERATION (AAF) NATIONAL ADVERTISING TEAM
1ST PLACE BEST NON-TRADITIONAL ADVERTISEMENT
California State University Fullerton's Creative Competition judged by Young & Rubicam Brands
Adobe InDesign CC
Adobe Photoshop CC
Adobe Illustrator CC
Microsoft Office Suite
AIGA MEMBER, ORANGE COUNTY CHAPTER
CREATIVE CONSULTANT, COMMITTEE MEMBER & VOLUNTEER FOR THE PEDIATRIC CANCER RESEARCH FOUNDATION
VOLUNTEER DESIGNER FOR THE
RISE FAMILY INC.